Disclosure: We’re letting you know that this post contains sponsored links which GetHealthy receives compensation for, which may impact their order of appearance because talking about money should always be an honest discussion.
The smallest changes in your daily routine can have a big impact on your health! Lemon is a popular citrus fruit and its juice is used in drinks, baking, and cooking. Lemon juice with tangy sweetness contains a high amount of Vitamin C which has an incredible benefit for your health. And drinking a cup of warm lemon water every morning seems like a better choice to start your day! Want to know how?
Here are 5 reasons to start the day with lemon water!
Benefits of Lemon Water
- Aids Digestion. Lemon juice has antibacterial and antiviral properties and can be a digestive health aid. It flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins that encourage healthy digestion, reduce heartburn and bloating by loosening any toxins trapped in your digestive tract.
- Helps you stay hydrated. Adding lemon to your water enhances the water flavor which may help you in drinking more. It provides electrolytes that will keep you hydrated. When your body is dehydrated, your body will lead to fatigue, joint pain, weight gain, headaches, ulcers, high blood pressure, kidney disease, and feeling lousy!
- Weight-loss friendly. If you are trying to lose weight, lemon water is the perfect drink to start your day. Lemon water promotes fullness, supports hydration, digestion, and increases metabolic rate. It can also help curb feelings of hunger throughout the day that will make you less crave foods.
- Prevents Kidney Stones. The citric acid in lemons may help prevent kidney stones. The component found in lemon makes urine less acidic and may even break it up into small stones.
- Supplies a healthy dose of Vitamin C. Lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C, which can protect the body from harmful illnesses. It is necessary for the growth, development of the body, and repair of all body tissues.