Disclosure: We’re letting you know that this post contains sponsored links which GetHealthy receives compensation for, which may impact their order of appearance because talking about money should always be an honest discussion.
Are you looking for the best eating plan to lose weight? Have you been trying a different diet meal plan but still doesn’t work? How about following a Low-Carb 1500 Diet Plan? Cutting carbs and calories from your diet is one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
The 1500 Calorie Diet Plan is a meal plan that strictly follows a 1,500-calorie intake in a day. So, you should not go beyond 1500 calories on your overall meal per day. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
The general guideline for a 1500 Calorie Diet Plan is taking only 300-350 calories for breakfast, 350-400 calories for lunch, 400-525 for dinner, and only 100-150 calories for snacks. So, when you are planning for your 1500 calorie meal for a day, always make sure to choose whole and nutritious foods to give you energy throughout the day.
Food Choices to eat on the 1,500 calorie diet plan
- Always choose non-starchy vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and asparagus
- Always choose fruits such as berries, pears, melons, grapes, and bananas
- Always choose starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, and butternut squash
- Always choose fish and shellfish including salmon, cod, shrimp, trout, and oysters
- Plant-based protein sources like tofu and tempeh
- Whole grains
- Healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil
- Dairies such as yogurt, kefir, and full-fat cheeses
- Seeds, nuts, and nut butter
- Plant-based milk such as coconut, almond, and cashew
- Seasonings like garlic, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and sea salt
- Condiments including salsa, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic powder
- Beverages like water and sparkling water, coffee, and green tea
Foods to avoid on the 1500 calorie diet plan
- Avoid eating fast foods such as pizza, chicken nuggets, French fries, and hot dogs
- Avoid eating refined carbs such as white bread and pasta, sugary cereals, bagels, crackers, and tortillas
- Avoid eating with added sugars like sugary snack bars, baked goods and candies, and chocolates
- Avoid eating processed foods such as frozen meals, hotdogs, canned foods, and packed foods.
- Avoid eating fried foods like potato chips, doughnuts, and deep-fried foods
- Avoid eating even with diet and low-fat labels
- Avoid drinking sweetened beverages like soda, fruit juice, energy drinks, and sweetened coffee drinks