Disclosure: We’re letting you know that this post contains sponsored links which GetHealthy receives compensation for, which may impact their order of appearance because talking about money should always be an honest discussion.
It’s the season of beach and sand… and it’s also the season of sunburns! It’s important to protect your skin while you are under the blazing heat. Always wear sunblock! Too much fun in the sun can cause long-term damage and this may cause skin cancer.
But sometimes things get out of hand, you stay longer under the sun and this will cause you skin redness, irritation, itching, even fever, and nausea! Once you have sunburn, you can’t do anything about it but take home remedies as soon as possible to soothe your sunburn and get relief.
Home remedies for Sunburn Relief!
- Make cold compress – Cool down the skin to get instant relief. Use a clean washcloth and soak it in the water with ice and apply it to the burnt area to cool off your skin.
- Take a cold shower – Cold water help out the burning sensation that you feel when you have sunburn. So, take a cold shower and only pat dry the affected areas to avoid irritating them. Don’t scrub and avoid using soap and oils because this will cause dryness.
- Put some Aloe vera – Keep the sunburn area moisturized in order for it to heal. Aloe vera moisturizes and cools the skin which is very helpful to treat sunburn.
- Hydrate your body– Always keep yourself hydrated! Sunburn can cause dehydration that’s why it’s important to double your water intake.
- Take an oatmeal bath – Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties that will help soothe the pain you feel when you have sunburn.
- Put some dairy – Get some cold milk in the fridge and soak it in your washcloth. Apply it to the affected areas to help ease the pain.
- Take Aspirin or Ibuprofen – Sunburn can be very painful and it can even make you sick. You can take aspirin or ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation to manage the pain that you are feeling.